-   -   copy every 5th cell in the column to different worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/123798-copy-every-5th-cell-column-different-worksheet.html)

EE_TRAINER

copy every 5th cell in the column to different worksheet

I want to copy every 5th cell in the column to different worksheet. Could you
advise me?
Thanks

Gary''s Student

copy every 5th cell in the column to different worksheet

Let's say we want to get every fifth cells from column A in Sheet2. In the
new sheet at the top of any column enter:

=INDIRECT("Sheet2!A" & ROW()*5)

and copy down
--
Gary's Student

"EE_TRAINER" wrote:

I want to copy every 5th cell in the column to different worksheet. Could you
advise me?
Thanks

Billy Liddel

copy every 5th cell in the column to different worksheet

Or a variation of the same formula

=INDIRECT("Sheet1!"&ADDRESS(ROW()*5,1)) entered in a1 of sheet 2

Regards
Peter
"EE_TRAINER" wrote:

I want to copy every 5th cell in the column to different worksheet. Could you
advise me?
Thanks

Bob Umlas

copy every 5th cell in the column to different worksheet

Enter A5 and A10 in the new sheet (NO equal sign!)
Use the fill handle & drag down as far as you want, for example, the last
few items would say A195, A200
Select all, Edit/Replace, replace A with =Sheet2!A
and you have it.
Bob Umlas