-   -   Changing Multiple Formulas (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/123769-changing-multiple-formulas.html)

japc90

Changing Multiple Formulas

I have a workbook wih several worksheets. Many of the cells have
similar formulas (the sum of the value of two cells located on a
separate worksheet within the same workbook divided by 390). I need to
change the number 390 in all of these cells to 370. Is there a way to
do this without manually going through every cell?

Thank you.

Teethless mama

Changing Multiple Formulas

Select your range
In the menu select Edit Replace Find what: 390 Replace with: 370
Replace All

"japc90" wrote:

I have a workbook wih several worksheets. Many of the cells have
similar formulas (the sum of the value of two cells located on a
separate worksheet within the same workbook divided by 390). I need to
change the number 390 in all of these cells to 370. Is there a way to
do this without manually going through every cell?

Thank you.

Dave O

Changing Multiple Formulas

One way to do it is a simple search-and-replace: search for 390,
replace with 370. This will work, but requires caution: it will
replace all instances of 390 with 370. So if you can find something
about the formula that makes the 390 unique, you should do it. For
instance, search for /390 and replace with /370 (note the divide by
operator is included).

japc90

Changing Multiple Formulas

Worked Perfectly!
Dave O wrote:
One way to do it is a simple search-and-replace: search for 390,
replace with 370. This will work, but requires caution: it will
replace all instances of 390 with 370. So if you can find something
about the formula that makes the 390 unique, you should do it. For
instance, search for /390 and replace with /370 (note the divide by
operator is included).

Farhad

Changing Multiple Formulas

Hi,

the best way is to choos a Cell for example A1 and put 370 in the cell and
then change all "390" to "A1" by find & Replace so in the future whenever you
want to change the figur to another just have to simply change the cell A1

Thakns,
--
Farhad Hodjat