-   -   I changed the "general" number format - I want it back (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/123729-i-changed-general-number-format-i-want-back.html)

Raymah

I changed the "general" number format - I want it back

I must have made some change somewhere. Now when I type in a number in any
cell in excel - new or old, it shows the number with 2 decimal points. IE:
type in 2 and I see .02. I've tried all sorts of stuff, but when I format to
general I'd get .02, if I select number - no decimal points I get 0, etc.
Can someone tell me how I changed the format and how I correct it? Right
now I have to remember to type 2. or 345. etc.
Thank you
--
Raymah

Teethless mama

I changed the "general" number format - I want it back

Tools Options Edit tab uncheck Fixed decimal Places: OK

"Raymah" wrote:

I must have made some change somewhere. Now when I type in a number in any
cell in excel - new or old, it shows the number with 2 decimal points. IE:
type in 2 and I see .02. I've tried all sorts of stuff, but when I format to
general I'd get .02, if I select number - no decimal points I get 0, etc.
Can someone tell me how I changed the format and how I correct it? Right
now I have to remember to type 2. or 345. etc.
Thank you
--
Raymah

Raymah

I changed the "general" number format - I want it back

Thank you, thank you, A thousand times Thank You!
--
Raymah