-   -   Dynamic Text in a Chart (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/12368-dynamic-text-chart.html)

hlsr2003

Dynamic Text in a Chart

How can I insert in a chart (not as data, but as text) a cell value, whether
a number or a word? The idea is that as the cell changes in the spreadsheet,
the number or word changes in the chart area. Any help is greatly
appreciated.

John Mansfield

Click once inside of the chart. Then click once inside of the formula bar.
Type an equal (=) sign into the formula bar. Then click once on the cell
that you want to refer to in the textbox. You see the referenced cell in the
formula bar (ex. =Sheet1!A1). Now hit ENTER. A textbox should appear inside
of the chart with a direct reference to the cell.

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com