-   -   convert time into decimal with max function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/123648-convert-time-into-decimal-max-function.html)

Shariq

convert time into decimal with max function

Hi there!
=MAX(1,(E7-B7+(E7<B7))*24), this is the function I'm using to draw time
difference with a mininmum of 1 hour, (if the time spent is less then an
hour) it produces min of 1, but my problem is it is in this shape
(1,041666667)formatted to general, or number and now I need to multiply this
into amount and it dosen't mustiply 2 X 1 but 2 X 1,04 so what shall I do to
solve this problem

Gary''s Student

convert time into decimal with max function

This may be of no help, as I don't know what is in E7 or B7.

If B7 and E7 contain normal times, then:
=MAX(1/24,(E7-B7)) formated as time will give the difference with a
minimum difference of one hour.

--
Gary's Student