-   -   Avery Assistant add-in (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/123405-avery-assistant-add.html)

br549

Avery Assistant add-in

I installed Avery's Wizard 3.0 in MS Word. It also added an Avery Assistant
toolbar and icon in Excel each time I start Excel. I right click on the
toolbar, uncheck Avery Assistant, but the next time I start Excel it comes
back. Whats really obnoxious about it is it adds the toolbar to a new line,
thus consuming workspace in the Excel window.

Is there anyway to get rid of this and still keep the Avery Wizard software?

Phil

Avery

Hey, I have the same problem with this damn assistant. But I'll try to get rid of this thing and will tell you how. Or have you solved this problem and can tell me how to do it?

http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Phil

Avery Assistant

Hey, I got rid of....
When you install the programm you can chosse if you want to install the outlook and excel plug in. Remove the checkmarks and that's it.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com

mdoc

Avery Assistant add-in

If you are like me, you want the Avery Assistant available in some programs and not others. You can turn this function off in the registry. First, back up the registry. Then go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/OFFICE. Under each folder (excel, outlook, etc) you will find an "Addins" folder with an "AveryAddIn.Connect" folder. Go to the "LoadBehavior" DWORD key and open. Change the Value Data from "3" to "0". Close the registry.

Avery Assistant will not be available in each program you do this for.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com