-   -   Letter format (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/1234-letter-format.html)

Ratowl

Letter format

I need to produce a business letter quoting some of the
calculations from an Excel sheet. Produced the
spreadsheet OK but have been told there is a good way to
automatically produce this quote letter. Can anyone point
me in the right direction.
Thanks

JE McGimpsey

Look up "About Data Merge" in Word Help, then check out

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...AMailMerge.htm

In article ,
"Ratowl" wrote:

I need to produce a business letter quoting some of the
calculations from an Excel sheet. Produced the
spreadsheet OK but have been told there is a good way to
automatically produce this quote letter. Can anyone point
me in the right direction.

David McRitchie

Hi Rat Owl, (real names are a lot more friendly)
Is this a single letter or one letter to be generated for each
row in a worksheet. If the latter you would use Mail Merge in
MS Word. You can pick up the basics on my Mail Merge page which
is designed for printing labels.

but since it is for a letter you might want to start with a page
more oriented to Word by others.
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm#more

You might also take a look at a couple of links about sending
data from Excel to MS Word (not Mail Merge)
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...rg.htm#control
---
HTH,

"Ratowl" wrote ...
I need to produce a business letter quoting some of the
calculations from an Excel sheet. Produced the
spreadsheet OK but have been told there is a good way to
automatically produce this quote letter. Can anyone point
me in the right direction.

Gord Dibben

Qutie possible that RatOwl is poster's real name.

As in Alfred E. RatOwl

Gord