-   -   excel chart rendering problem when using apache java Poi package. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/123381-excel-chart-rendering-problem-when-using-apache-java-poi-package.html)

Tom

excel chart rendering problem when using apache java Poi package.

hello all,

I am using the apache java Poi package which is used to display excel
charts.

Here is my problem scenario:

I click on my web url and my java struts code is executed.
The executed code creates an excel file from a template excel file
(also a .xls file).
Then I click on the url to display this excel file.

Here is where the problem comes in.
Here are the two cases:
1. If excel is not running all the charts in my excel file are rendered
perfectly when I click on the url to display the excel file.
2. But if excel is already running then the first chart in my excel
file will not render when I click on the url to dispaly the excel file.
What I want is all the charts to render. FYI: when I insert a row in
this excel worksheet the first chart then renders.

Does anyone know why this rendering problem happens and how to fix it ?

In both cases above the excel files are exactly the same.

Can anyone help me ?

Also I have another small question.
If I have two workbooks sharing the same .xls file how can I delete one
of the workbooks. I have looked in the excel help but cannot seem to
find the way to do this.

Many thanks for your help
Tom