-   -   fIND GIVES NO RESULTS (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/123331-find-gives-no-results.html)

John

fIND GIVES NO RESULTS

wHEN I USE THE FIND FACILITY I GET NO RESULTS EVEN IF THE WORD OR
NUMBERI SEARCH FOR IS THE ONLY ENTRY IN THE SHEET .

i HAVE TRIED AND TRIED BUT NOTHING

Dave Peterson

fIND GIVES NO RESULTS

Do you have the "match entire cell contents" (under Options) checked?
Do you have "match case" checked?
Do you look in formulas or Values?

What are you looking for?

Could it be masked by some sort of number format?

--

Dave Peterson

John

fIND GIVES NO RESULTS

tHANKS
The number format option was the problem.