-   -   Return a value based on another cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/123269-return-value-based-another-cell.html)

msm89

Return a value based on another cell

I am trying to retun a value for a cell based on another cell that will have
approx. 100 possible values. The first cell is a list of vendor names (which
I have in a drop down menu) and the second is a vendor # (which will always
correspond to a specific vendor name). I would like the vendor # to
automatically fill in depending on which vendor name I choose from the drop
down vendor list.

Any help is much appriciated,

msm89

RagDyeR

Return a value based on another cell

You can use the Vlookup() function.

Check here and post back with any questions:

HTH,

RD