-   -   COUNT-COUNT (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/123084-count-count.html)

Rachel

COUNT-COUNT

, I have two worksheets open that are similar. What I need to know if there
is a formula which tells me if there is a difference in number of rows
between the first and second sheet.

ankur

COUNT-COUNT

Hi Rahcel,

Please clarify you want the differnce in the number of filled rows in
sheet 1 and sheet 2 right?
By filled rows we here mean that there is data in any cell in these
rows. right?

Regards
Ankur
www.xlmacros.com

On Dec 19, 3:15 pm, Rachel wrote:
, I have two worksheets open that are similar. What I need to know if there
is a formula which tells me if there is a difference in number of rows
between the first and second sheet.

Gary''s Student

COUNT-COUNT

Try this :

Sub countcount()
' gsnu 12_19_2006
Dim r1 As Range, r2 As Range
Dim w1 As Worksheet, w2 As Worksheet
Dim n1 As Long, n2 As Long
Set w1 = Worksheets(Application.InputBox("enter sheetname:", Type:=2))
Set w2 = Worksheets(Application.InputBox("enter other name:", Type:=2))
Set r1 = w1.UsedRange
Set r2 = w2.UsedRange
n1 = r1.Rows.Count + r1.Row
n2 = r2.Rows.Count + r2.Row
MsgBox ("Difference in number of row is: " & (n2 - n1))

Gary's Student

"Rachel" wrote:

, I have two worksheets open that are similar. What I need to know if there
is a formula which tells me if there is a difference in number of rows
between the first and second sheet.

Rachel

COUNT-COUNT

Hi,

Yes you have it right, is it possible to provide me with a formula that I
can use?

Many thanks,
Rachel.