Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Fill Down In Rows But Want to Increase By Letter

Hi I want to fill down by rows say c3,c4,c5 so on but want it to fill by
letter. Example I want c3 to be c4 c4 to be d4 c5 to be e4 with the 4
staying constant but go up by letter going down a row. Hope this makes sense.
The c4,d4,e4,are results from another sheet. Thanks Karl

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Try this:

=INDIRECT(CHAR(66+ROW(A1))&4)

HTH
Jean-Guy

"Karl" wrote:

Hi I want to fill down by rows say c3,c4,c5 so on but want it to fill by
letter. Example I want c3 to be c4 c4 to be d4 c5 to be e4 with the 4
staying constant but go up by letter going down a row. Hope this makes sense.
The c4,d4,e4,are results from another sheet. Thanks Karl

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Sounds like you want a dynamic transpose to Sheet1's C4:IV4 ..

In Sheet2,

Put in the starting cell, ie in C3:
=INDEX(Sheet1!$C$4:$IV$4,,ROW(A1))

Copy C3 down as far as required
(maximum copy down is to C256)
--
Max
Singapore
"Karl" wrote:
Hi I want to fill down by rows say c3,c4,c5 so on but want it to fill by
letter. Example I want c3 to be c4 c4 to be d4 c5 to be e4 with the 4
staying constant but go up by letter going down a row. Hope this makes sense.
The c4,d4,e4,are results from another sheet. Thanks Karl

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

"pinmaster" wrote:
=INDIRECT(CHAR(66+ROW(A1))&4)

This would work but only till col Z. Perhaps one way to skirt the col letter
incrementing problem (Z, AA, ... IV) is to use INDEX, eg:
=INDEX(Sheet1!$C$4:$IV$4,,ROW(A1))
which allows a straight copy down to transpose the source sheet's cols C to
IV