-   -   MULTIPLE DATA - How to insert new data into existing data.... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/122850-multiple-data-how-insert-new-data-into-existing-data.html)

Rodorodo

MULTIPLE DATA - How to insert new data into existing data....

and it is not just COPY -- Insert.

Hello
I am creating a PRODUCT INVENTORY DATABASE and I need help.
Some of my SUPPLIERS haven't been able to give us their UPC list or at least
a breakdown of the PRODUCTS we buy and sell.
We decided then to generate our own HOUSE LIST for some particulars products
(the ones we dont have a list)...
This is what we have...

A EXCEL file of 400 products (of one supplier) (Shoes, by the way)
Each of those items, have at least 2 DIFFERENT COLORS.
Furthermore, for every STYLE and its respective COLOR, have a set of 10 - 12
sizes ranging from ( e.g., 5, 5.5 and so on - 11)

I only have the list of the 400 items on excel (how it would look like)

code style # color
price1 price2
1440064101000 64 BLACK PINK $31 $28
1440789101000 789 BLUE GREEN RED $25 $22

Following the sequence, what we want our data base to look like this

code DESCRIPTION(!) price1 price2
1440064101500 64 BLACK 5 $31 $28
1440064101550 64 BLACK 5.5 $31 $28
1440064101600 64 BLACK 6 $31 $28
..
..
1440064102500 64 PINK 5 $31 $28
1440064102550 64 PINK 5.5 $31 $28
..
..
code DESCRIPTION(!) price1 price2
1440789101500 789 BLUE 5 $25 $22
..
1440789102850 789 GREEN 8.5 $25 $22
..
1440789103950 789 RED 9.5 $25 $22

Notes:
Do you notice the sequence?
"1440789101000"
We know is probably hard and laborious, maybe even impossible. Short-cuts to
make our life easie is well aprecciated, though :)

144 SUPPLIER
0000 4 digits STYLE
100 COLOR (e.g. 101, 102, 103,.. etc.)
000 SIZE (e.g. 500 for 5, 550 for 5.5 etc...)

Is it hard?
Is it a challenge?
Is it up to you?

:)