-   -   Find and replace (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/122788-find-replace.html)

fluffy

Find and replace

I have a spreadsheet where I need to replace the single number "1" with a "0"
but not the "1" if it is included in another number. i.e. 11, 12, 21,
31....etc

Jim Thomlinson

Find and replace

You can do this with a Find and Replace just be sure that under options you
check off "Match Entire Cell Contents"
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"fluffy" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet where I need to replace the single number "1" with a "0"
but not the "1" if it is included in another number. i.e. 11, 12, 21,
31....etc

Roger Govier

Find and replace

Hi

Ctrl + H to bring up Find and Replace
Find 1
Replace 0
Optionstick Match entire cell contents

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"fluffy" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet where I need to replace the single number "1" with
a "0"
but not the "1" if it is included in another number. i.e. 11, 12,
21,
31....etc

fluffy

Find and replace

I don't have an options field in find and replace. I am using excel 2000

"fluffy" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet where I need to replace the single number "1" with a "0"
but not the "1" if it is included in another number. i.e. 11, 12, 21,
31....etc

Roger Govier

Find and replace

Hi

No, you don't, but the Match entire contents is on the dialogue box
without having to go to Options.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"fluffy" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet where I need to replace the single number "1"
with a "0"
but not the "1" if it is included in another number. i.e. 11, 12,
21,
31....etc

fluffy

Find and replace