-   -   find, replace, update links (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/122780-find-replace-update-links.html)

cinvic

find, replace, update links

I am trying to populate a column with data from a linked file. I copy over
the formula from a column and paste it in the new column. I then click on
edit, links, change source and the data in the column changes. When I look at
the formula in the new column, the file path is the one that I copied over
and not the one from which the data is coming from. I try and do a
find/replace for the entire column all at once and I'm prompted to do it row
by row with a pop up box called "Update Values: (Path of source file)". I do
hit the "replace all" tab and I'm still prompted to do it row by row. Ugh.

This sounds like two different problems and I appreciate the responses I've
gotten. But, I still need help!!