-   -   Formula?? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/122779-formula.html)

pwk

Formula??

A B C D E F G H I
1 A B C D E F G H I
2 1

I have this worksheet with the displayed information. 9 colums.
I want the answer to be 1 D in this example, but other
results depending where I place numbers. 2 E, 3 A,
and so forth. I can't get past 7 IFs rule.
Any help would be appreciated.

Don Guillett

Formula??

More info perhaps?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"pwk" wrote in message
ups.com...

A B C D E F G H I
1 A B C D E F G H I
2 1

I have this worksheet with the displayed information. 9 colums.
I want the answer to be 1 D in this example, but other
results depending where I place numbers. 2 E, 3 A,
and so forth. I can't get past 7 IFs rule.
Any help would be appreciated.

pwk

Formula??

I need a formula with the answer being 1 D if the number 1 is in column
D. 2 F if number 2 is located in column F. The answer being the
numeral and the colum heading (A,B,C.....)
Thanks,
Don Guillett wrote:
More info perhaps?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"pwk" wrote in message
ups.com...

A B C D E F G H I
1 A B C D E F G H I
2 1

I have this worksheet with the displayed information. 9 colums.
I want the answer to be 1 D in this example, but other
results depending where I place numbers. 2 E, 3 A,
and so forth. I can't get past 7 IFs rule.
Any help would be appreciated.

Roger Govier

Formula??

Hi

One way
=LOOKUP(99^99,A1:I1)&" "&LEFT(ADDRESS(ROW(),
MATCH(LOOKUP(99^99,A1:I1),A1:I1,0),4))

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"pwk" wrote in message
ps.com...
I need a formula with the answer being 1 D if the number 1 is in column
D. 2 F if number 2 is located in column F. The answer being the
numeral and the colum heading (A,B,C.....)
Thanks,
Don Guillett wrote:
More info perhaps?

--