-   -   Sending an e-mail from the Excel or Word toolbar (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/122717-sending-e-mail-excel-word-toolbar.html)

Andy

Sending an e-mail from the Excel or Word toolbar

When clicking on the send e-mail option on Word or Excel I get the
message: Could not start e-mail program. Check your network connection.
Make sure Office is installed correctly, your e-mail program is set up
correctly and you can connect to you e-mail sever.

Outlook 2003 IS set as my default e-mail

I use outlook 2003 for e-mail and I've tried reinstalling XP professional

to cure the above problems but to no avail.

Any ideas please.

--
Ian D Anderson

Ron de Bruin

Sending an e-mail from the Excel or Word toolbar

This is your problem
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/problems.htm

See number 3

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Andy" wrote in message ...
When clicking on the send e-mail option on Word or Excel I get the
message: Could not start e-mail program. Check your network connection.
Make sure Office is installed correctly, your e-mail program is set up
correctly and you can connect to you e-mail sever.

Outlook 2003 IS set as my default e-mail

I use outlook 2003 for e-mail and I've tried reinstalling XP professional

to cure the above problems but to no avail.

Any ideas please.

--
Ian D Anderson

Plasticgeek

Sending an e-mail from the Excel or Word toolbar

I have the same problem using Office 2000 (Excel, Word, etc) and Outlook
2003. I tried everything and finally installed Office 2003 SP2 (I'm only
using Outlook 2003) and it solved the problem for 99% of my 400 users.
Still have the same problem with one user but the rest are happy.

Russell