-   -   Sorting data with an imbedded list (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/122712-sorting-data-imbedded-list.html)

Jasonw151

Sorting data with an imbedded list

I have a list of data with multiple columns and one field has a list created
using the validation function. If a resort the document, it seems like the
list logic stays right where it was created. Is this a known problem or do I
possibly have something set incorrectly?

Gord Dibben

Sorting data with an imbedded list

Nothing you can do for it AFAIK

The DV list is in the cell. When you do a sort, cells are not moved, just the
data moves.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP