-   -   Pivot Tables...argghh (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/122711-pivot-tables-argghh.html)

frustratedwthis

Pivot Tables...argghh

I have a pivot table that summarizes the information by Vendor from a PO Log
(on a different sheet). It works great UNLESS a row is added on the PR Log.
If I add a row (within the pivot table data area) it does not show on the
pivot table...
Is there a way around this?? or should I just not add rows?
Thanks in advance

Scott

Pivot Tables...argghh

You have to update your Pivot Table when the data changes. Until you
do, the data is as it was the last time you updated it.

Scott

frustratedwthis wrote:
I have a pivot table that summarizes the information by Vendor from a PO Log
(on a different sheet). It works great UNLESS a row is added on the PR Log.
If I add a row (within the pivot table data area) it does not show on the
pivot table...
Is there a way around this?? or should I just not add rows?
Thanks in advance

frustratedwthis

Pivot Tables...argghh

I right clicked on the table and refreshed the data.... a bunch of times. I
even closed the workbook and reopened it hoping it would update
then....neither worked. The only information it is not collecting are the
newly inserted rows...

frustratedwthis wrote:
I have a pivot table that summarizes the information by Vendor from a PO Log
(on a different sheet). It works great UNLESS a row is added on the PR Log.
If I add a row (within the pivot table data area) it does not show on the
pivot table...
Is there a way around this?? or should I just not add rows?
Thanks in advance

Ron Coderre

Pivot Tables...argghh

What you need to do is base the Pivot Table ons a Dynamic Named Range that
grows and shrinks when you data does.

See Debra Dalgleish's website for instructions:
http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"frustratedwthis" wrote:

I have a pivot table that summarizes the information by Vendor from a PO Log
(on a different sheet). It works great UNLESS a row is added on the PR Log.
If I add a row (within the pivot table data area) it does not show on the
pivot table...
Is there a way around this?? or should I just not add rows?
Thanks in advance

Dave F

Pivot Tables...argghh

You also need to add code to your pivot table that tells it to refresh when
the dynamic named range has been expanded, don't you?
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"frustratedwthis" wrote:

I have a pivot table that summarizes the information by Vendor from a PO Log
(on a different sheet). It works great UNLESS a row is added on the PR Log.
If I add a row (within the pivot table data area) it does not show on the
pivot table...
Is there a way around this?? or should I just not add rows?
Thanks in advance

Ron Coderre

Pivot Tables...argghh

I thought the problem was that refreshing the Pivot Table didn't
automatically include the new records. I didn't gather that the OP wanted
the Pivot Table to change immediately upon changes in the records. In
typical situations, you'd want the Pivot Table to update on-demand, instead
of re-arranging itself whenever the source data changed. That way once
you're done adding/deleting records, you could refresh the PT and see the
final product.

I could be wrong....(wouldn't be the first time...or the last)

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"frustratedwthis" wrote:

I have a pivot table that summarizes the information by Vendor from a PO Log
(on a different sheet). It works great UNLESS a row is added on the PR Log.
If I add a row (within the pivot table data area) it does not show on the
pivot table...
Is there a way around this?? or should I just not add rows?
Thanks in advance

Dave F

Pivot Tables...argghh

You're probably right, actually, in your reading of the OP's post.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.