-   -   abs function for column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/122694-abs-function-column.html)

Azip

abs function for column

I am trying to use the ABS function for an entire column. I used =ABS(#) for
one cell and it works, but how do I apply this function to the entire column?
I read through some of the treads and could not figure it out. I'm a novice
at excel, so be gentle.
Thank you.

Gord Dibben

abs function for column

Use a helper column and a cell reference instead of a hard-coded number.

Assume numbers are in column A.

In B1 enter =ABS(A1)

Drag/Copy that down as far as you wish.

Or just double-click on the fill handle of B1

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 09:31:00 -0800, Azip wrote:

I am trying to use the ABS function for an entire column. I used =ABS(#) for
one cell and it works, but how do I apply this function to the entire column?
I read through some of the treads and could not figure it out. I'm a novice
at excel, so be gentle.
Thank you.

Bob Phillips

abs function for column

You can't is such stark terms. What do you want to do with the info in the
column?

--

HTH

Bob Phillips