-   -   euro symbol not displaying in excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/122669-euro-symbol-not-displaying-excel.html)

Garfield Lindo

euro symbol not displaying in excel

Hi,
I'm an ASP.NET developer who has built an application where one of my pages
is exported to excel. The page exports properly, however the euro symbol is
not displayed. I've search all over the web, without any success. All my
data is exported with the exceptioin of the euro symbol, however if I change
the currency to any other type it displays perfectly well. Could you let me
know if I'm missing something? I did notice that in order to display the
currency symbol correctly on my webpage I had to manually encode the symbol
as "€";

I am using ASP.NET 2.0 exporting to Excel 2002.

Jim Cone

euro symbol not displaying in excel

Maybe...
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914200/en-us
"How to convert European currencies programmatically by using the
Excel MSoEuro component and how to use the Euro Currency Tools add-in"
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Garfield Lindo"