Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default inspiration

Hi All

Heres the picture - we have 300 outlets where we need to perform a stock
count. This is done manually from a preprinted sheet(s) and then submitted by
post back to HO. Somehow (and quickly) this information must be put into a
database. My skill level is not that great in Access so I was wondering about
doing the data input via Excel. So I thought that if i have one workbook for
each store and say one worksheet within each workbook where we can input the
data into the file then this would be both very visible for the inputter and
pretty quick. The worksheet could look like the stock count form so its easy
to know what data to put where. Each workbook would be identical except for
each being a different stores data. The inputters could then open the
workbook, add the data and then save it. However I would then need to
consolidate it all into either one massive workbook or somehow combine it
into some form of database. So the question is what is/would be the best way
to consolidate this data really quickly? I know pivot tables are built for
this sort of thing but whether one could consolidate 300 files I dont know
and I guess thats quite a bore to do.

Over to you gurus for some thoughts

Thanks

Reggiee