-   -   My sheet is unprotected, but I can't format cells. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/12265-my-sheet-unprotected-but-i-cant-format-cells.html)

Paul

My sheet is unprotected, but I can't format cells.

I can't format my cells. It is number cells which I want to round out. The
sheet is unprotected.

Earl Kiosterud

Paul,

Is it shared? Look at Tools - Share workbook. "Allow changes by more than
one user...." should not be checked.

--
Earl Kiosterud

"Paul" wrote in message
I can't format my cells. It is number cells which I want to round out.
The
sheet is unprotected.

Dave Peterson

I could change format on an unprotected worksheet in a shared workbook (xl2002).

But I don't have a guess.

To the Original Poster:

What did you try (rightclicking Format|cells), Format|Cells), hitting the
increase/decimal icon?

And what happened when you did what you did??