-   -   Buisness Days Help (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/122595-buisness-days-help.html)

PJS

Buisness Days Help

Hi everyone,

I am looking for some help on the following.
On business days (Yes), it would automatically input a value (400) under
Daily Target

Currently, I have a worksheet that looks like the following...

Date Day Business Day Daily Target
12/1/2006 Friday Yes 400
12/2/2006 Saturday No 0
12/3/2006 Sunday No 0
12/4/2006 Monday Yes 400
etc..

Is it possible to automate excel to recognize 12/1/2006 as a business day,
and assign the value of 400 under Daily Target.

If it is possible, can excel recognize holidays as well?
12/25/2006 Monday (Holiday) ~ not a business day?

I am open to any ideas,

thanks,

PJS

daddylonglegs

Buisness Days Help

You can use the NETWORKDAYS function which is part of Analysis ToolPak addin

[to install TOOLS addins tick Analysis Toolpak box]

Then, assuming your date is in cell A1

=IF(NETWORKDAYS(A1,A1,holidays),"Yes","No")

holidays is a named range where you should list your holiday dates.
Alternatively you can just refer directly to a worksheet range, e.g.

=IF(NETWORKDAYS(A1,A1,C$1:C$10),"Yes","No")

where your holiday dates are listed in C1:C10

alternatively, without using NETWORKDAYS

=IF(AND(ISNA(MATCH(A1,C$1:C$10,0)),WEEKDAY(A1,2)<6 ),"Yes","No")

"PJS" wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am looking for some help on the following.
On business days (Yes), it would automatically input a value (400) under
Daily Target

Currently, I have a worksheet that looks like the following...

Date Day Business Day Daily Target