-   -   Excel's Rand() Function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/122497-excels-rand-function.html)

Jeff

Excel's Rand() Function

Hi,

I had a couple of questions about rand() function accuracy (randomness).

1. Is there a difference between rand() in excel 97 and 2003 in terms of
randomness. Is 2003 better?

2. Does anyone have links to improved "rand" functions based on the Messene
twister or other logic. Is there some place to download random numbers
between 0,1 that I can test rand() against?

Thanks for your help on this.

Jerry W. Lewis

Excel's Rand() Function

1. Yes and yes.