-   -   using scroll wheel in vba window (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/122370-using-scroll-wheel-vba-window.html)

Dave F

using scroll wheel in vba window

How come my mouse's scroll wheel doesn't work in the VBA window? It works in
the main XL window and every other application on my PC.

Is there some setting that needs to be enabled for this?
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

Gary''s Student

using scroll wheel in vba window

You need something like FreeWheel:

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconVall...freewheel.html

--
Gary's Student

"Dave F" wrote:

How come my mouse's scroll wheel doesn't work in the VBA window? It works in
the main XL window and every other application on my PC.

Is there some setting that needs to be enabled for this?
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

Dave F

using scroll wheel in vba window

Interesting.

Is there some logic to scrolling via the mouse wheel not being enabled in
the VBA window?

Seems rather odd.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Dave F" wrote:

How come my mouse's scroll wheel doesn't work in the VBA window? It works in
the main XL window and every other application on my PC.

Is there some setting that needs to be enabled for this?
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

Gary''s Student

using scroll wheel in vba window

I have no idea why direct wheel support is not provided.

Who knows, maybe its one of the many great improvements that's coming with
the new version of Excel.

--
Gary's Student

"Dave F" wrote:

How come my mouse's scroll wheel doesn't work in the VBA window? It works in
the main XL window and every other application on my PC.

Is there some setting that needs to be enabled for this?
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

Dave Peterson

using scroll wheel in vba window

In other posts, a few people have reported that xl2007's VBE does support this.

"Dave F" wrote:

How come my mouse's scroll wheel doesn't work in the VBA window? It works in
the main XL window and every other application on my PC.

Is there some setting that needs to be enabled for this?
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

--

Dave Peterson

Dave F

using scroll wheel in vba window

Yes, it does.

I'm stuck with XL 2003 @ work...

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Dave F" wrote:

How come my mouse's scroll wheel doesn't work in the VBA window? It works in
the main XL window and every other application on my PC.

Is there some setting that needs to be enabled for this?
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

--

Dave Peterson

David McRitchie

using scroll wheel in vba window

Hi Dave,
Since I didn't see a reply where you said it worked..

In general usual answer is to make sure your drivers
are up to date.

VBE problems with scrolling: make sure you do not have
exceptions in Control Panel, Mouse, General, Advanced
or for some older drivers there is a tab near the end
or from Wheel tab, Wheel trouble shooter, Advanced button
remove any added override that does not respond to scrolling
or for some make sure Use MS Office Compatible scroll is checked (even if available may not be needed)
If still not working see this thread
http://google.com/groups?threadm=eFn...GP15.phx. gbl

Other mouse related usage issues in
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mouse.txt