-   -   separating +ve and -ve numbers into two columns (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/122319-separating-ve-ve-numbers-into-two-columns.html)

Prospect

separating +ve and -ve numbers into two columns

I have a large column of numbers, some postive and some negative. I would
like to separate these into two columns, one for positive and one for
negative. Is there a quick way of doing this?
--
David

Dave Peterson

separating +ve and -ve numbers into two columns

Put something like this in B1
=if(a1<0,a1,"")
and in C1
=if(a1=0,A1,"")

and drag down.

I'm not sure how 0's should be treated, though

Prospect wrote:

I have a large column of numbers, some postive and some negative. I would
like to separate these into two columns, one for positive and one for
negative. Is there a quick way of doing this?
--
David

--

Dave Peterson

RichardSchollar

separating +ve and -ve numbers into two columns

David

You could use a formula approach eg in col B:

=If(A1<0,A1,"")

and col C:

=IF(A1=0,A1,"")

copied down. Then you'd have to copy and paste values.

Simple, but it works!

Richard

Prospect wrote:

I have a large column of numbers, some postive and some negative. I would
like to separate these into two columns, one for positive and one for
negative. Is there a quick way of doing this?
--
David

bigwheel

separating +ve and -ve numbers into two columns

I guess you could put =IF(A1=0,A1,"") in one column for the +ve numbers and
=IF(A1<0,A1,"") in the next column for the -ve numbers and copy both down to
your last entry