-   -   How can you change the x-y axis of data in an excel spreadsheet? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/122289-how-can-you-change-x-y-axis-data-excel-spreadsheet.html)

CarloGesualdo

How can you change the x-y axis of data in an excel spreadsheet?

I want to change the aspect of the spreadsheet data so that my x axis becomes
my y and vis a versa. This should be easy to do but I can't find where.
Suggestions, solutions?

bobocat

How can you change the x-y axis of data in an excel spreadsheet?

copy data
edit-paste special - transpose

"CarloGesualdo" ...
I want to change the aspect of the spreadsheet data so that my x axis
becomes
my y and vis a versa. This should be easy to do but I can't find where.
Suggestions, solutions?

Mike Middleton

How can you change the x-y axis of data in an excel spreadsheet?

CarloGesualdo -

For an XY (Scatter) chart type in Excel 2003 and earlier, choose Chart |
Source Data | Series | ...

Otherwise, post again with information about the chart type and the data
arrangement.

- Mike
http://www.mikemiddleton.com