-   -   Conditional Formatting Highlights (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/122240-conditional-formatting-highlights.html)

Apptacular

Conditional Formatting Highlights

I am trying to use a conditional format to highlight the greatest value in a
range.
There are about 1000 rows and I need to go through each row and highlight
the greatest value but it is not a complete row. (ie it is c3 6, e3 9, g3 5
and not the numbers inbetween like b3 10, d3 12, f3 11)

So the highlighted value would be 9 because it was the greatest value in the
range in the row I wanted. I need the ability to fill it down through all
the rows.

Let me know if that is possible... please!
--
POpizzle

T. Valko

Conditional Formatting Highlights

Try this:

Select the range C3:G1000

Goto FormatConditional Formatting
Formula Is:

=AND(ISNUMBER(C3),MOD(COLUMN(C3),2)=1,C3=MAX(IF(MO D(COLUMN($C3:$G3),2)=1,$C3:$G3)))

Click the Format button
Select the style(s) desired
OK out

Biff