-   -   Excel 2003 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/122147-excel-2003-a.html)

Lacewell34

Excel 2003

I am using Excel 2003 to track telemarketers at my part time job. I column D
I have created a drop down that shows the Sources of our leads, for example
Triggers ( there are 12 other choices). I column F I have created a drop down
that shows the 4 statuses of applications (Closed, Turndown, Withdrawn,
Prospect).

What happens is the night the app is received I record the source and after
credit is pulled (48 hours later) we determine what the status will be. I am
using COUNTIF (the exact formula is =COUNTIF(D7:D122,"Bankruptcy-7")) to
calculate each time Bankruptcy-7 is chosen. I am trying to find a formula or
way to count each time Bankruptcy-7 appears and closed is the status. For
example, if D7 has Bankruptcy-7 and I have gotten the credit report back, I
will go back and update the Results column, Column F (F7) with one of the 4
statuses, let's say Closed. I need to count each time Bankruptcy-7 and Closed
appear together, Bankruptcy-7 and Turndown appear together, so forth...So as
soon as I click in closed it should add 1, then if D8 and F8 are Bankruptcy-7
and Closed respectively then it will add 1 making total 2.......My drop downs
extend from D7:D122 and F7:F122 and I am trying to tally the combinations in
D126 for closed, E127 for Turndown, F127 for Withdrawn.... Not trying to
offend, just trying to be thorough. Would appreciate any help. Thank you.
--
WL34