-   -   IF formula question (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/122104-if-formula-question.html)

frozn1

IF formula question

See if anyone can help... I am trying to write a formula that-- if column B
has a specific value it will add the quanity from the corresponding block in
column D. Seems all I can end up with is a zero each time.

a b c d
1 e z f 1
2 d d z 3
3 e s e 1

if it a value in column a = e than add value of d
the answer would be 2.

thanks

T. Valko

IF formula question

Try this:

=SUMIF(A1:A3,"e",D1:D3)

Biff

"frozn1" wrote in message
See if anyone can help... I am trying to write a formula that-- if column
has a specific value it will add the quanity from the corresponding block
in
column D. Seems all I can end up with is a zero each time.

a b c d
1 e z f 1
2 d d z 3
3 e s e 1

if it a value in column a = e than add value of d
the answer would be 2.

thanks

frozn1

IF formula question

With a little modification it worked for my app..

Thanks

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try this:

=SUMIF(A1:A3,"e",D1:D3)