-   -   boxes with information to enter (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/122085-boxes-information-enter.html)

widman

boxes with information to enter

I've seen some Excel sheets where when you put the cursor in a cell and a
little box opens with something like the range you should input. (not the
"comment" box).

How is this done?

RagDyeR

boxes with information to enter

Data validation drop down list.

Start he

HTH,

RD

"widman" wrote in message
I've seen some Excel sheets where when you put the cursor in a cell and a
little box opens with something like the range you should input. (not the
"comment" box).

How is this done?

Gord Dibben

boxes with information to enter

Maybe DataValidationInput Message?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 9 Dec 2006 11:10:01 -0800, widman
wrote:

I've seen some Excel sheets where when you put the cursor in a cell and a
little box opens with something like the range you should input. (not the
"comment" box).

How is this done?

widman

boxes with information to enter

That was it, thanks.... Wonder if there is a way to ofset it?

wrote:

I've seen some Excel sheets where when you put the cursor in a cell and a
little box opens with something like the range you should input. (not the
"comment" box).

How is this done?

Chip Pearson

boxes with information to enter

That was it, thanks.... Wonder if there is a way to ofset it?

If by "ofset" you mean "offset" as in changing its position, you can't.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson