-   -   conditionally join rows (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/122001-conditionally-join-rows.html)

Robert

conditionally join rows

I'm trying to create single rows of customer info from a spreadsheet with
data across columns and rows. New customer entries always starts with the
word "customer" in column A. There may be multiple rows of data, each with
fixed number of columns. How do I move each row's worth of data to the end
of the "customer" row until I hit the word "customer" in column A? Thanks
for any help.

Example - existing data:
customer Acme Products Address 123 Elm
City1
Arizona (may be multiple rows for international addresses, only column A)
contact (may have multiple contacts on separate rows, each with four columns)
customer Belco Products Address 234 Ash (beginning of next cust record)
etc.

Example - final data:
customer Acme Products Address 123 Elm City1 Arizona contact JoeE etc
customer Belco Products Address 234 Ash City2 Iowa contact JimA etc.