-   -   Text to colums (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/121944-text-colums.html)

Jen711

Text to colums

I've already done the text to columns wizard, but I don't know how to make
all of my names be vertical instead of horizontal. Help!

danielocope

Text to colums

Please tell me what you are trying to do. Are you trying to convert a column
or row of just names or is other information also listed. Please give more
detail of what your trying to do, and results wanted.

Thanks

"Jen711" wrote:

I've already done the text to columns wizard, but I don't know how to make
all of my names be vertical instead of horizontal. Help!

Jen711

Text to colums

I cut and pasted 80+ names onto an excel spreadsheet, but they all went into
a single cell. I was able to seperate all of the names into cells, but now
there 80+ columns. I would would like all of the names in one column. Does
that make sense?

"Jen711" wrote:

I've already done the text to columns wizard, but I don't know how to make
all of my names be vertical instead of horizontal. Help!

Max

Text to colums

Select and copy the horiz range. Then just right-click elsewhere on say, the
top cell of an empty col paste special transpose
--
Max
Singapore
"Jen711" wrote:
I cut and pasted 80+ names onto an excel spreadsheet, but they all went into
a single cell. I was able to seperate all of the names into cells, but now
there 80+ columns. I would would like all of the names in one column. Does
that make sense?

Gord Dibben

Text to colums

Assuming the data is in row 1

After breaking into single cells in 80 columns select the 80 cells and Copy then
selct a single cell out of that range, say A2, then EditPaste
SpecialTransposeOKEsc.

Delete the original data.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Jen711" wrote:

I've already done the text to columns wizard, but I don't know how to make
all of my names be vertical instead of horizontal. Help!

danielocope

Text to colums

OOPs forgot to post the macro, sorry

Sub TextToColumns()
'
' TextToColumns
' Macro recorded 12/8/2006 by Dan
'
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.TextToColumns Destination:=Range("A1"),
DataType:=xlFixedWidth, _
TrailingMinusNumbers:=True
Rows("1:1").Select
Selection.Copy
Range("A2").Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteAll, Operation:=xlNone,
SkipBlanks:= _
False, Transpose:=True
Rows("1:1").Select
Application.CutCopyMode = False