-   -   I want the cell to be blank instead of zero (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/121940-i-want-cell-blank-instead-zero.html)

Kim Shelton at PDC

I want the cell to be blank instead of zero

My formula is very simple =G$1 always in all cell exception is when the cell
G$1 is blank I don't want a zero I want the cells to remain blank. I plan on
putting H for holiday or R for Rain day in a gantt chart. So that on those
days we know that we didn't work. I know that I could use "" double
quotation marks with an IF statement but can't seem to put it together to
make it work.

Dave F

I want the cell to be blank instead of zero

=IF(ISBLANK(G1),"",G1)

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Kim Shelton at PDC" wrote:

My formula is very simple =G$1 always in all cell exception is when the cell
G$1 is blank I don't want a zero I want the cells to remain blank. I plan on
putting H for holiday or R for Rain day in a gantt chart. So that on those
days we know that we didn't work. I know that I could use "" double
quotation marks with an IF statement but can't seem to put it together to
make it work.

Kim Shelton at PDC

I want the cell to be blank instead of zero

Thanks Works Great

"Dave F" wrote:

=IF(ISBLANK(G1),"",G1)

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Kim Shelton at PDC" wrote:

My formula is very simple =G$1 always in all cell exception is when the cell
G$1 is blank I don't want a zero I want the cells to remain blank. I plan on
putting H for holiday or R for Rain day in a gantt chart. So that on those
days we know that we didn't work. I know that I could use "" double
quotation marks with an IF statement but can't seem to put it together to
make it work.

toni.gee

I want the cell to be blank instead of zero

Alternatively, conditionally format the cells to display whiite text an a
white background (i.e. blank) if the value is zero.