-   -   how do I sort a list a1 to a15, b1 to b15 etc (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/121914-how-do-i-sort-list-a1-a15-b1-b15-etc.html)

raypen

how do I sort a list a1 to a15, b1 to b15 etc

I need to sort a worksheet that has a column with a1 to a15 but normal sort
results in a1,a10,a11 not a1,a2 etc that I need

Ian

how do I sort a list a1 to a15, b1 to b15 etc

Change the cells to a01, a02... etc if possible.

--
Ian
--
"raypen" wrote in message
I need to sort a worksheet that has a column with a1 to a15 but normal sort
results in a1,a10,a11 not a1,a2 etc that I need

Nick Hodge

how do I sort a list a1 to a15, b1 to b15 etc

Raypen

Two things

1) Use a helper columns and separate the parts of the data and sort by these
helper columns. In your example

=Left(A1,1)
=Right(A1,1)

2) Set up a custom list. ToolsOptionsCustom Lists and either type them in
the order you want or import them from the sheet. Now go to
DataSort...Optionsfirst key sort order and select your list

--
HTH
Nick Hodge