-   -   create a formula in one sheet that would read data from separate sheet automatically (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/121896-create-formula-one-sheet-would-read-data-separate-sheet-automatically.html)

QD

create a formula in one sheet that would read data from separate sheet automatically

I need help. I have created a attendance calendar for 2006 that is used
by othe employees in the company. Now I am creating one for 2007. I
have a formula in 2007 that gathers data for rolling twelvemonths with
the formula that I have.

This is what I need to achieve:

The user has a file name let us say "Jane Doe_Attendance Controller"
and has tab for 2006.
Now I am sending 2007 file with the name Attendace controller_2007.
THe 2007 file has a rolling twelve month formula.
I want the user to be able to copy 2007 calendar into "Jane
Doe_attendance_controller.
So now the file has two tabs 2006 and 2007.
I want the rolling twelve month formula to automatically read the data
from 2006 tab either by tab or
user enters the name of the TAB "2006" somewhere on the 2007 calendar
and it refers to the 2006 tab and calculates the rolling twelve month
totals for a category.

Would someone help?

Thanks