-   -   Multiple Worksheet Protection (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/121690-multiple-worksheet-protection.html)

Dyna Agoned

Multiple Worksheet Protection

I have a workfile with 40 worksheets regarding Rates & Charges. I have to
protect each worksheet to ensure that other users do not overwrite formulas.

I had done the correct procedure for locking worksheets: Format - Cell -
Lock/Unlock and Tools - Protection - Protect sheet.

After the 12th worksheet, an Excel message popped up stating: "TOO MANY
DIFFERENT CELL FORMATS" and did not allow me to protect any further
worksheets.

Does the Excel Worksheet protection feature have limits as to the number of
sheets to protect? or did I miss something or do something wrong?
Does anybody have a solution to protect the other 22 worksheets? The whole
workbook can be password protected, but I do need to design the Cell
Lock/Unlock protection on each individual worksheet.

Suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thank you.

Dave Peterson

Multiple Worksheet Protection

Maybe cleaning up the formats would make it easier.

XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Formats

--

Dave Peterson