-   -   Is there a way to open an excel file to a specific worksheet? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/121524-there-way-open-excel-file-specific-worksheet.html)

Nicholas

Is there a way to open an excel file to a specific worksheet?

Lets say I have an excel spreadsheet that has 5 tabs.
tab1, tab2, tab3, tab4, tab5.

Is there anyway to force excel to open
tab1 with shortcut #1
tab2 with shortcut #2
tab3 with shortcut#3
etc...
etc...

Thanks

Gord Dibben

Is there a way to open an excel file to a specific worksheet?

You cannot open a workbook to a specific sheet by shortcut alone.

You must have a shortcut to a workbook which has workbook_open code to set the
active worksheet.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Sheets("Sheet1").Activate
End Sub

You could have the above code run a macro which popped up a userform for user to
select which sheet to activate but that might be more hassle than just opening
the workbook and selecting a sheet from the sheet tabs.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP