-   -   HOW DO I EDIT RIGHT CLICK MENUS IN EXCEL? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/121502-how-do-i-edit-right-click-menus-excel.html)

Matt Swift

HOW DO I EDIT RIGHT CLICK MENUS IN EXCEL?

I would like to add "Merge Cells" to my right click menu. Thanks for your
help.

Randy L

HOW DO I EDIT RIGHT CLICK MENUS IN EXCEL?

According to Microsoft, it isn't possible.

http://office.microsoft.com/training...RP010036461033

However, users are pretty ingenious so perhaps someone has found a way.

"Matt Swift" wrote:

I would like to add "Merge Cells" to my right click menu. Thanks for your
help.

Randy L

HOW DO I EDIT RIGHT CLICK MENUS IN EXCEL?

And of course I just realized I was looking at the training for Microsoft
Online.
What version are you using?

"Matt Swift" wrote:

I would like to add "Merge Cells" to my right click menu. Thanks for your
help.

Randy L

HOW DO I EDIT RIGHT CLICK MENUS IN EXCEL?

Actually, that was for Excel 2003. (Saw the ad for the other one and it
confused me I guess.)

"Matt Swift" wrote:

I would like to add "Merge Cells" to my right click menu. Thanks for your
help.

Matt Swift

HOW DO I EDIT RIGHT CLICK MENUS IN EXCEL?

EXCEL 2003

"Matt Swift" wrote:

I would like to add "Merge Cells" to my right click menu. Thanks for your
help.

Bob Phillips

HOW DO I EDIT RIGHT CLICK MENUS IN EXCEL?

Add this simple macro to a module

Sub MergeCells()
Selection.MergeCells = True
End Sub

then run this code

With Application.CommandBars("Cell")
With .Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton, temporary:=True)
.BeginGroup = True
.Caption = "Merge Cells"
.OnAction = "MergeCells"
End With
End With

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Matt Swift" <Matt wrote in message
I would like to add "Merge Cells" to my right click menu. Thanks for your
help.

Matt Swift

HOW DO I EDIT RIGHT CLICK MENUS IN EXCEL?

HOW DO I DO THAT, I'M NOT THAT COMPUTER SAVY.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Add this simple macro to a module

Sub MergeCells()
Selection.MergeCells = True
End Sub

then run this code

With Application.CommandBars("Cell")
With .Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton, temporary:=True)
.BeginGroup = True
.Caption = "Merge Cells"
.OnAction = "MergeCells"
End With
End With

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Matt Swift" <Matt wrote in message
I would like to add "Merge Cells" to my right click menu. Thanks for your
help.

Bob Phillips

HOW DO I EDIT RIGHT CLICK MENUS IN EXCEL?

Go to the VBIDE (Alt-F11)

Insert a code module, InsertModule

Copy the MergeCells macro into it.

Create a simple macro, say called Test by typing

Sub Test()

End Seb

then copy the other code in after the first line.

Put the cursor anywhere in that new macro, then hit the F5 key.

---
HTH

Bob