-   -   match data to reference then vlookup (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/12150-match-data-reference-then-vlookup.html)

lucky

match data to reference then vlookup

I hope that I can explain this..............

I have three seperate spreadsheets each containing data that may match other
data in column1 of one another. I do not have the option of sorting the data
in any of the three spreadsheets. I need the data from Column55 of each of
the spreadsheets wherever the data in column1 is equal or matches.

I need to know what spreadsheet1, spreadsheet2 and spreadsheet3 contain in
Column5 for all matching data in column1. I need the results of this query
to find data into one spreadsheet.

Is there an answer other than database?