-   -   Counting specific formatted cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/121447-counting-specific-formatted-cells.html)

Tazzy

Counting specific formatted cells

Hallo,

I was just wondering if it is possible to add cells together which for
instance are only coloured red. I mean, cells in the same colomn. Almost
something like using the countif formula. I have highlighted quite a few
cells (in one specific colomn) which I want to add. I want to know if there
is an easier way of adding those cells together then to go and actually
select those cells and put the + sign in.

Any help would be greathly appreciated.

Thank you.

Tazzy

Roger Govier

Counting specific formatted cells

Hi

Take a look at Chip Pearson's site. He has some code that will do what
you require.
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Tazzy" wrote in message
Hallo,

I was just wondering if it is possible to add cells together which for
instance are only coloured red. I mean, cells in the same colomn.
Almost
something like using the countif formula. I have highlighted quite a
few
cells (in one specific colomn) which I want to add. I want to know if
there
is an easier way of adding those cells together then to go and
actually
select those cells and put the + sign in.

Any help would be greathly appreciated.

Thank you.

Tazzy

Bob Phillips

Counting specific formatted cells

See http://xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html for a solution.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Tazzy" wrote in message
Hallo,

I was just wondering if it is possible to add cells together which for
instance are only coloured red. I mean, cells in the same colomn. Almost
something like using the countif formula. I have highlighted quite a few
cells (in one specific colomn) which I want to add. I want to know if
there
is an easier way of adding those cells together then to go and actually
select those cells and put the + sign in.

Any help would be greathly appreciated.

Thank you.

Tazzy

Tazzy

Counting specific formatted cells

I dont really know what they are trying to say. I typed the formula and the
cell says #NAME?

What does it mean??

"Tazzy" wrote in message
Hallo,

I was just wondering if it is possible to add cells together which for
instance are only coloured red. I mean, cells in the same colomn. Almost
something like using the countif formula. I have highlighted quite a few
cells (in one specific colomn) which I want to add. I want to know if
there
is an easier way of adding those cells together then to go and actually
select those cells and put the + sign in.

Any help would be greathly appreciated.

Thank you.

Tazzy

Bob Phillips

Counting specific formatted cells

Read the whole articel and copy the code that you need as well as just the
formula.

--
---
HTH