-   -   Convert total minutes to hours and minutes (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/121398-convert-total-minutes-hours-minutes.html)

Derek

Convert total minutes to hours and minutes

I have a figure which is the sum of minutes spent on individual projects.

The total number of minutes is 6590 derived from the simple formula
=SUM(B10:S10).

I would like this figure in hours and minutes. I know that it is 190 hours
and 50 minutes.(Achieved by 6590/ 60 for the hours and multipling the
remainder by 60 for the remaining minutes.

How should I rewrite the formula/format cell so that excel will do this on
its own?

Tx.

bobocat

Convert total minutes to hours and minutes

=int(sum(b10:s10)/60)& " hrs " & mod(sum(b10:s10),60) & " mins"

"Derek" ...
I have a figure which is the sum of minutes spent on individual projects.

The total number of minutes is 6590 derived from the simple formula
=SUM(B10:S10).

I would like this figure in hours and minutes. I know that it is 190 hours
and 50 minutes.(Achieved by 6590/ 60 for the hours and multipling the
remainder by 60 for the remaining minutes.

How should I rewrite the formula/format cell so that excel will do this on
its own?

Tx.

Derek

Convert total minutes to hours and minutes

Tx bobocat.....that worked like charm.

"bobocat" wrote:

=int(sum(b10:s10)/60)& " hrs " & mod(sum(b10:s10),60) & " mins"

"Derek" ...
I have a figure which is the sum of minutes spent on individual projects.

The total number of minutes is 6590 derived from the simple formula
=SUM(B10:S10).

I would like this figure in hours and minutes. I know that it is 190 hours
and 50 minutes.(Achieved by 6590/ 60 for the hours and multipling the
remainder by 60 for the remaining minutes.

How should I rewrite the formula/format cell so that excel will do this on
its own?

Tx.

T. Valko

Convert total minutes to hours and minutes

I know that it is 190 hours and 50 minutes

It's 109:50

=SUM(B10:S10)/1440

Format as [h]:mm

Biff