-   -   How do I convert a time units (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/12134-how-do-i-convert-time-units.html)

jeff excel

How do I convert a time units

I am trying to convert a time 1:34:40 to strickly seconds. Is there a
formula that converts this.

Harald Staff

=A1*86400
format result cell as number (it will default to time and dislpay 0:00:00)

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"jeff excel" <jeff skrev i melding
I am trying to convert a time 1:34:40 to strickly seconds. Is there a
formula that converts this.

Je

Sorry, I think I did not make my self clear. I want to take this time frame
1:34:40 and convert it to 5680 seconds. I am calculating race times and need
to break down the time it took an individual to race, (in this case 1 hour,
34 minutes & 40 seconds) and convert it to total seconds.

"Harald Staff" wrote:

=A1*86400
format result cell as number (it will default to time and dislpay 0:00:00)

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"jeff excel" <jeff skrev i melding
I am trying to convert a time 1:34:40 to strickly seconds. Is there a
formula that converts this.

Harald Staff

Ah, I see. In that case
=A1*86400
format result cell as number (it will default to time and dislpay 0:00:00)

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Je" skrev i melding