-   -   Search criterias? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/121219-search-criterias.html)

shnim1

Search criterias?

Hi

I need to perform a sort of look-up into a grid of information. I need to find how many times two adjoining cells met a criteria. For example, the grid has random numbers in a 10x10 grid, I need to now how many times "5" AND "9" (for example) appear adjacent to each other in a row. If they are not next to each other the result should come back as zero or false.

I have tried the countif and Hlookup function, but does not account for them being adjacent.

Please help....THANKS

T. Valko

Search criterias?

Try this: