-   -   Plot data from column to matrix (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/120842-re-plot-data-column-matrix.html)

Max

Plot data from column to matrix

Assuming that the cell refs under the Arg1 & 2 cols are *non-duplicating*,
here's a relatively simple play using non-array formulas to "pull" in (plot)
the values indicated in another sheet ..

For easy ref, a sample construct is available at:
http://www.savefile.com/files/299715
Plotting data from column to matrix.xls

Assume you have in sheet: X, cols A to C, data from row2 down

Data Arg1 Arg2
test 1 A 2
test 2 B 5
test 3 E 1
test 4 C 3
etc

Put in D2: =B2&C2
Copy D2 down

Then in another sheet: Y, where we're going to plot it ..

Put in A1:
=IF(ISNA(MATCH(ADDRESS(ROW(),COLUMN(),4),X!$D:$D,0 )),"",INDEX(X!$A:$A,MATCH(ADDRESS(ROW(),COLUMN(),4 ),X!$D:$D,0)))

Copy A1 across as far as required, say to E1, then fill down as far as
required, say to E10 to cover the expected extent indicated in X.

Y will return the required plots of the Data col in X according to the cell
references indicated under the Arg1 & 2 cols in X.
--
Max
Singapore
"Torsbyn" wrote:
I have set of data labelled by two arguments in in three columns. I like to
plot the data in a matrix form instead. How can i do that? Example below.

Current set up:

Data Argument 1 Argument 2
test 1 A 2
test 2 B 5