-   -   How do I change a workbook from read only? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/120738-how-do-i-change-workbook-read-only.html)

Lottie

How do I change a workbook from read only?

I have save a workbook on a CD but it appears to be read only. How do I go
about changing that and also how do I format the CD? The CD had workbooks
saved on it and I want to delete it.

Chip Pearson

How do I change a workbook from read only?

A file on a CD-R is read-only because a CD-R is read-only. Copy the file
from the CD to your hard drive. Right-click the file icon, choose Properties
and uncheck the Read-Only check box.