-   -   Autoshapes not visible on spreadsheet but visible in print preview (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/12064-autoshapes-not-visible-spreadsheet-but-visible-print-preview.html)

John

Autoshapes not visible on spreadsheet but visible in print preview

Okay sometime ago I inserted some autoshapes into cells on a spreadsheet. The
autoshapes have now disappeared from the sheet but they show up in preview
and print on the paper. But I want to make them all go away. But on the
spreadsheet I can't get to them to delete them!! Help..this is driving me
crazy! Anyone have any suggestions??
Thanks
John

Dave Peterson

Maybe it's only a display thing.

Edit|goto special
Check Objects
and then hit the delete key.

If that doesn't work, maybe you could run a little macro:

Option Explicit
Sub testme02()
Dim myShape As Shape
With ActiveSheet
.AutoFilterMode = False
For Each myShape In .Shapes
myShape.Delete
Next myShape
End With

--

Dave Peterson

John

Dave
Thanks for your input. while doing that did erase some other objects that I
didn't want to erase it was easy to put them back. And it got rid of those
objects that were not visible to me. Funny thing though. I sent the sheet to
a friend who has a newer version of office and he was able to see those
objects on the spreadsheet.

John wrote:

Okay sometime ago I inserted some autoshapes into cells on a spreadsheet. The
autoshapes have now disappeared from the sheet but they show up in preview
and print on the paper. But I want to make them all go away. But on the
spreadsheet I can't get to them to delete them!! Help..this is driving me
crazy! Anyone have any suggestions??
Thanks
John

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Maybe it was more of a problem with the display. (Memory/driver issues???)