-   -   How do I calculate total of months that have passed? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/12038-how-do-i-calculate-total-months-have-passed.html)

jaydubs

How do I calculate total of months that have passed?

I want to know how many months have passed since a certain date. There is a
start date and an end date. I want to calculate how many months are in that
period. For instance if the start date is 05-01-01 and the end date is
05-03-01 two months have passed.

Akhilesh Dalia

Hi,

You can use =DATEDIF(A1,B1,"m")

where,
A1 = 05-01-01
B1 = 05-03-01
"m" = month ("d" for days, "y" for Years, "ym" for Months Excluding Year,
"yd" for Days Excluding Years and "md" for Days Excluding Months And Years)

Regards

Akhilesh Dalia
akhileshdalia<athotmail<dotcom