-   -   what is the format for an input cell? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/12008-what-format-input-cell.html)

Pumaman

what is the format for an input cell?

I have Office - Student and Teacher Edition 2003

I am having trouble making a table ...

I try to make a Data Table and try to
define $E$3:$G$16 as the range in the row input cell area so I can make
this a one-input data table

and then I enter C$9$ for the column cell input area

a pop up pops up saying that the input (row) cell reference is invalid

I hope this not a bug that can only be fixed if you have the full version of
the software

any clues?

R.VENKATARAMAN

it should be $C$9

Pumaman wrote in message
I have Office - Student and Teacher Edition 2003

I am having trouble making a table ...

I try to make a Data Table and try to
define $E$3:$G$16 as the range in the row input cell area so I can make
this a one-input data table

and then I enter C$9$ for the column cell input area

a pop up pops up saying that the input (row) cell reference is invalid

I hope this not a bug that can only be fixed if you have the full version

of
the software

any clues?

Max

Perhaps this recent post might help in getting
the hang of setting up a one variable data table:

http://tinyurl.com/562dj

--
Rgds
Max